Let me start by saying Happy Mother's Day to all my readers, and a special Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom! :) I am really blessed to have such a special mom, and one who I have learned a lot from that will help me raise my own child.
For those of you who have not already heard, I am excited to say that we are expecting a GIRL! I could not be more thrilled! We haven't even started working on her room, but there is already a small row of pink clothes hanging in her closet. :) Not to mention pink booties, mittens, toys...etc...lol
I definitely took a turn for the better once I hit 16 weeks. Now, I'm 20 weeks and I still get very sleepy by 9:00, but I haven't gotten sick/nauseous at all in 4 weeks. I have really been able to enjoy my growing baby and feel her kick (not as wonderful when you're trying to get to sleep on a work night and she thinks it's time for a dance party).
Being that I do get more tired earlier in the evening, I love dinners that don't take much work. Who doesn't?? These slow-cooker chicken caesar sandwiches are very tasty, AND fall under the "easy" category.
The top 2 reasons why I love them:
1. They are smothered in caesar dressing. My hubby and family can tell you that, if given the choice, I will ALWAYS choose caesar salad over a regular garden salad in a restaurant. I love a good caesar dressing, and I found a good one for these sandwiches.
2. The chicken is cooked in the crockpot, so by the time you have to shred it, it is MUCH less of a tedious process than usual. Shredding chicken is probably my LEAST favorite cooking task. And sooooooo many recipes call for shredded chicken. Help me somebody!! Thankfully, this chicken ends up being so tender that it is so easy to shred.
If you are a fan of caesar salad, definitely give these sandwiches a try! (My husband, as usual, wouldn't let me put lettuce on his...and he still ate 3 sandwiches in one sitting...but please, the rest of you - eat your lettuce!)
Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything via Sweet Treats and More
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used boneless/skinless chicken breasts)
1/2 to 1 cup of your favorite Caesar dressing (Make sure it's a creamy Caesar - I used 1 cup of Marzetti Supreme Caesar from the produce section)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley (if you don't have fresh use around 2 teaspoons of dried parsley)
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
12 slider buns or 4-6 regular sized hamburger buns
1. Place chicken in a 3-4 quart slow cooker with 1-2 cups of water, cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
2. Remove chicken from cooker using a slotted spoon and drain the water from the slow cooker. Place chicken on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds, discarding any fat.
3. Place chicken back in the cooker and pour dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. Add caesar dressing as desired, about 1 cup. Stir until mixed evenly. Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup mixture onto each slider bun if you are making sliders or more for regular sized buns. Top with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and lettuce to serve.