Background

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sausage Balls

It's true, I'm still alive.  I didn't cancel my blog.  I didn't fall off the face of the earth.  What did happen?  My laptop died.  : (   It's pretty old, so I was afraid this would happen one day soon, and sure enough, it did.  I had to get a different hard drive put in, cloned with all my info, and I've been instructed to "free" some memory or it will permanently crash.  :'( 

For the meantime, I can blog again!  Oh, how I've missed it!



Mmmmmm, sausage balls.  I'm sure you've had them.  They've long been one of my favorite snacks, and they definitely fall into the "once you pop, you just can't stop" category.  Especially when they first come out of the oven...Lord help me!!  Do you see all that yummy sausage and swirls of cheesy goodness??  Oh yeah, and my other favorite part...the crispy bottoms!

I brought this large container full of sausage balls to work.  This is what I brought back home.  Seems like they were a hit! 


Sausage balls can taste different, depending on who is making them.  Some people like to make them with hot, spicy sausage.  Others like to use sharp cheddar cheese.  Some like them more dry.  Me?  Not so much.  You can see what I do like below.

Sausage Balls

1 lb. regular sausage
3 cups Bisquick
1 lb. shredded mild cheddar cheese
Enough milk to moisten

Combine sausage, Bisquick, and cheese (I use my clean hands to combine all of this).  Adding small amounts of milk will help all the ingredients come together.  You don't want the mixture to be too wet, juuuust enough milk to allow you to combine the ingredients.  This will also prevent the sausage balls from being dry.  Roll mixture loosely into balls and place onto an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. (Mine took 15 minutes to bake).

No comments:

Post a Comment