Background

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mama's Birthday: The Big 5-0!


TODAY is my Mama's birthday!!!  And not just any birthday...it's her 50th birthday!!  WOO-HOO!  Jordan and I spent this weekend making a surprise visit back to NC for her special birthday weekend.  We walked into the house during her lunch break, and needless to say, she was SHOCKED!  Yesssss, we pulled this thing off for months without letting the cat out of the bag.  : ) 

Saturday was her birthday party, which lots of family attended.  Everyone had a great time, especially when the waiters came to sing "Happy Birthday" to mom and made her sit on a saddle and wave her napkin around...priceless

It's really hard for me to always be away from my mom since I got married and moved out here.  This trip will never be forgotten, and I wouldn't have missed this blessing of a birthday for anything!

I hope I will be as great of a mom to my (future) kids as my mom is to me and my brother.  She has always been there for us (NO. MATTER. WHAT.), been supportive, shown interest in our interests, gave helpful advice, took us to do fun things, and so much more.  She is a PRANKSTER, no doubt.  I could write a whole blog post dedicated to the pranks she's pulled on us.  But that's part of why she's so fun.  : )  Most of all, I don't think you could ever find someone as loving as my mom is.  On top of all that, she is a woman of GOD and she has been such a testimony to others because of her steadfast faith.

I love you mama!  I wish you a Happy Birthday and 50 more to come!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment