Background

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cookies & Cream Popcorn

Remember that snack I mentioned on my Facebook page the other night?  The awesome, awesome snack?  Yeahhhhh...


 
When I came across this recipe online, it took me approximately 3 nights before I made it.  And it only took that long because our commissary no longer carries chocolate candy coating ("it's a seasonal item"  blehhh!!) and I had to go get it at WalMart (thanks WalMart, for understanding that my candy coating needs span throughout the year, not just in December). 

This is a wonderful snack and HIGHLY addictive.  I ate quite a bit of it before it even cooled and dried.  ooops...   But trust me, so will you! 

Take a look at this goodness:

Happy snacking!  : )

Cookies & Cream Popcorn
Recipe found at Sweet Treats and More via Sing for Your Supper

1 bag popcorn, popped (I used Tender White kind)
6 oz. white chocolate candy coating (popular brand names are CandiQuik and Almond Bark)
10-15 Oreos, crushed or roughly chopped (I used 15...duh!  lol)

Place the popped popcorn and Oreos in a large bowl. Heat the white chocolate candy coating in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
Drizzle the white chocolate bark over the popcorn/Oreo mixture and stir to coat. Dump out on a large sheet of wax paper and spread into a single layer. Let cool and harden. Break into small pieces and serve.

*Note: My husband and I ate some of this the night I made it, after it had cooled on the counter, and it was delicious!  I put the rest of it in a large Ziplock bag to eat the next day, but unfortunately, I won't be eating any more of it because now it just tastes like 'plastic bag' to me.  I don't know if this is just me, but I wanted to warn you so that you will know to put any leftovers in a different kind of container that may work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment