Background

Friday, November 30, 2012

Chicken and Spinach Alfredo Pizza



I loooove pizza.  It is by far one of my favorite foods.  I wish it wasn't so fattening (especially because I like extra cheese!) so I could eat it all the time.  I came across this recipe and decided that it would be awesome with a little tweaking.  And it really was delicious!  It's like eating pizza covered with the hot spinach dip appetizer that restaurants serve.  I chose to not add artichoke pieces like the original recipe stated, because I don't like eating chunks of artichoke.  If you do like them, you could certainly add those too!  Another change I made to the original recipe was adding chicken pieces.  This was mostly because I felt we needed some kind of protein on top. 

It's pretty fun to make your own pizza at home, because you get to control the toppings.  You can put on just the right amount of sauce you like, the right amount of cheese (lots), and the perfect toppings.  Try this one out for a taste of something different and delicious!


Chicken and Spinach Alfredo Pizza
Source: Adapted from The Two Bite Club

½ pint (1 cup) heavy cream
½ cup butter
2 tbsp cream cheese
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
6 oz of fresh spinach, roughly chopped (I used chopped frozen-I thawed it first-and it was fine)
1 tube/recipe of your favorite pizza crust
Bite-sized pieces of cooked chicken

Preheat the oven according to the cooking instructions on the label of your pizza dough.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir together the cream, butter, and cream cheese until fully melted.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Continue to cook and stir for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, place spinach in a saute pan with a tablespoon of water over medium high heat and saute until wilted.
I thawed a container of frozen chopped spinach in the microwave, then followed the next steps: 
Once spinach is fully wilted, place it onto a clean kitchen towel and wring out all of the liquid by twisting the towel into a ball with the spinach inside. Once you've squeezed out all of the liquid, add it to the sauce.
Spread the sauce over the pizza crust. You might have some left over for dipping depending on how saucy you like your pizza.
Place chicken pieces over sauce then top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until you start to see the cheese browning. Let sit 5 minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment