Background

Monday, December 17, 2012

Hot Chocolate Krispie Treats



Yesterday, we got the first professional pictures of Emily taken.  I CANNOT WAIT to see them!  I saw a few of the photos on the photographer's camera and I'm already in love.  She captured just what I wanted for Christmas pictures, which was having Christmas tree lights glowing behind Emily.  I know everyone thinks their baby is the cutest baby in the world, and I am certainly no different.  Emily was definitely the most adorable thing I've ever seen in her Christmas tutu dress!

As we changed her and went to her room to take pictures there, she started getting reallllly cranky.  Despite many measures taken, she cried through most of that part of the shoot.  I was sad because I really wanted her sweet smile captured (we may have gotten one from the side).  However, I couldn't get too upset, because I recalled my mom telling me a story of how I did the exact same thing when I was a baby.  Payback!! 

She fell asleep at the end of the shoot and took a long afternoon nap.  That was good for me, because I needed to make these Hot Chocolate Krispie treats for the Christmas dinner at our church.  These are a fun, delicious spin on the ol' classic rice krispie treat. 

I'm going to post this blog and then walk by the computer and check Facebook every 2 minutes like a crazy woman waiting for a sneak peek of one of our pictures to be posted.  :)



Hot Chocolate Krispie Treats
Source: adapted from Cookies & Cups

12 cups cocoa krispies
1/2 cup butter
8 cups of mini marshmallows, plus 4 cups for later
3/4 cup hot chocolate mix
cooking spray
sheet of parchment or wax paper- optional
 
Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  Set aside.
Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.  When butter is melted add the 8 cups of mini marshmallows.  Stir while continuing to cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted and then add hot chocolate powder.  Stir until it is all mixed in.  Remove from heat.
Add in your 12 cups Cocoa Krispies.  Stir until mixed well.
Now add in 4 cups mini marshmallows.  Stir until marshmallows are evenly distributed throughout the krispie mixture.  Pour into prepared pan.
Lightly spray a piece of parchment or wax paper with cooking spray for an easy way to press mixture into pan without it sticking.  If you don't have wax or parchment paper just press evenly into pan with the back of a spoon sprayed with cooking spray.
Let cool for 30 minutes and cut into squares.  Store air tight for up to 2 days.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?

    I look forward to hearing from you,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete