Background

Monday, December 31, 2012

White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Bars



Happy New Years Eve, everyone!  It's crazy how fast this year has flown.  I guess it has for me because the whole year was centered around my journey being pregnant and then having my beautiful baby. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, as well.  We were fortunate enough to be able to go to NC and be with our families for Christmas.  We had so much fun, and Emily got to meet lots of new family members.  These bars are a favorite of my great Aunt Gale's, among other family members.  I knew she would be at our Christmas Eve gathering so I decided to make them as a surprise.  These bars are not too sweet. They have more of a tangy flavor from the cranberries and the cheesecake layers. 

I hope you all have a great time bringing in the new year.  I will be at home with my husband and daughter, enjoying the beautiful snowfall and dancing my butt off to "Just Dance 4".   :)


White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
Source: allrecipes.com

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (14 ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine flour, oats and brown sugar in large bowl. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Stir in morsels. Reserve 2 1/2 cups morsel mixture for topping. With floured fingers, press remaining mixture into prepared pan.
Beat cream cheese in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract; mix until smooth. Pour over crust. Combine cranberry sauce and cornstarch in medium bowl. Spoon over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle reserved morsel mixture over cranberry mixture.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan. Cover; refrigerate until serving time (up to 1 day). Cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment