Background

Monday, December 10, 2012

Snickerdoodle Bread


I have a very fond memory of snickerdoodles.  In elementary school, my after-school babysitter, who was also our close family friend, would bake snickerdoodle cookies every report card day.  Her kids, my brother and I, as well as another friend would pile into the car after receiving our report cards at school, just knowing that we would walk into a house that smelled of warm, ready-to-eat snickerdoodles.  It was the best!

As an adult, I continue to love snickerdoodles, along with most anything that has a prominent cinnamon flavor.  Jordan has picked on me before about it.  It was one time when he was helping me unpack groceries from my trip to the commissary, and he noticed that I bought 2 cinnamon flavored cereals, cinnamon roll pop tarts, and cinnamon bread.  Ooops!  :)  Not to mention our cinnamon roll coffee and cinnamon roll toaster strudels that we already had.  What can I say?  I love cinnamon.

This bread is absolutely delicious and filled with cinnamon flavor.  It is very moist and addictive if you love this flavor as much as I do!  When it first came out of the oven, the sides and bottom were pretty hard.  However, the 2nd day, after the bread had spent the night in a large sealed container, they had softened and the bread was super moist.  I didn't end up sending this one with Jordan to work.  I kept it allll for us.  :)


 
 
Snickerdoodle Bread
Source: Lil Luna
*I halved this recipe to make only 1 regular-sized loaf
2 1/2 cups  flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1cup sour cream
1 pkg. Hershey's cinnamon chips
3 TB sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
 
Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
Add cinnamon chips and stir into batter. Set aside.
Spoon batter into 2 regular loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans until about 2/3 full.
Mix 3 T. sugar and 3 t. cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the batter in each loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 50 mins if using regular loaf pans or 35-38 minutes for mini loaf pans. Let cool before removing from pan.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment