Okay, so I know it technically isn't fall yet...but I had to wear a jacket yesterday, so I am hereby declaring it the beginning of fall!! :) Therefore, I bring youuuuu...
My Top-5 favorite things about fall!!!
1. The crisp, cool weather. I took Katie out yesterday morning and was like...WHOA! It was actually cold. I was so excited! I love summer, but let's face it, who isn't ready for some cooler weather? I was so happy to spend the rest of the morning in my favorite article of clothing - my husband's hoodie. =D
2. The beautiful colors all around. I've always felt sorry for my mom; she's colorblind, and can't really tell the difference in the colors of trees. : ( Even on trips through the mountains in autumn, she can't quite see the colors for what they truly are. I think the changing leaves are absolutely gorgeous and wish they would stay those vibrant red, orange, and yellow shades for much longer!
3. Fall baking!!!!!!! I can't put enough exclamation points for that one. Using the flavors of pumpkin, apples, cinnamon, cranberries, maple, brown sugar, caramel, ginger, etc. in dozens of culinary masterpieces makes fall a time that practically every baker longs for during earlier months! Plus, I haven't been married during any fall months yet, so I plan to wow my hubby with my "fall" recipes. : )
4. Football games! Although I may not be the biggest sports fan in town, I do love going to sporting events - particularly football games in the fall!! I spent all my high school years at every football game leading the marching band as drum major at our halftime show. I also played the flute for concerts, but all this is another story for another time. I know what you may be thinking, "BAND GEEK"!, but nooooo, I was not! ; ) It was really a lot of fun. In college, I enjoyed attending ECU football games just for the fun of it. No band that time. heehee.
5. Cute fall clothing! Like my BFF Cat, I love wearing pretty scarves (ok...mayyybe not as much as her, lol). She wears one almost every day!! Including non-fall/winter months!!! But she looks beautiful in them, so I say go for it. Anywho, jackets, hats and boots are also items I enjoy wearing so bring em on!
Are you all as excited for fall as I am?? : )